This is my Mom.
She is AMAZING!
(Make sure you said "amazing" in a singing voice.)
With today being Mother's day, of course I am going to write about our mothers! Mothers are amazing. They bless our lives and are special to each of us.
M. Russell Ballard said: "Sadly, in today’s world, a person’s importance is often judged by the size of the audience before which he or she performs. That is how media and sports programs are rated, how corporate prominence is sometimes determined, and often how governmental rank is obtained. That may be why roles such as father, mother, and missionary seldom receive standing ovations. Fathers, mothers, and missionaries “play” before very small audiences. Yet, in the eyes of the Lord, there may be only one size of audience that is of lasting importance—and that is just one, each one, you and me, and each one of the children of God. The irony of the Atonement is that it is infinite and eternal, yet it is applied individually, one person at a time."
Our mother's "perform" for just a few of us. They cared for us when we were sick, comforted us when we were upset, motivated us when we wanted to quit, and loved us when we felt like nobody else did. Many of our moms continue to do these things for us. Because of this love, we have become the people we are today.
I am so blessed to have a mom who raised me with high standards. I know she sacrificed a lot for all of her children and continues to do so, even as we each move away from home. I've heard her say before, that she wishes she would've done some things differently as a mother, or didn't do all that she could. I know many mothers feel this way. I believe and know that my mother really did her best in raising us, and I think all of us children turned out perfectly.
I would like to thank my mom for sacrificing so much in her life. She means the world to me and I am grateful to know I can call her whenever I need her, for advice, love or when I need a smile. She is the perfect mother, and though she had a small audience, she raised us with a testimony of Christ and will be blessed for her efforts and hard work.
I am also so grateful for the mothers of many people that I know and love--Matt and my friends. Because of their hard work and love, they raised wonderful children who I am grateful to associate with. Mothers across the world deserve recognition for all of the work they do.
Just as a final thought, don't you feel like your mother knows how to do EVERYTHING and always seems to have a solution? Mothers really are perfect!!
1 comment:
You've reflected my feelings in this post as well! We have an amazing Mom!!!
Post a Comment