Matt and I made a trip to Washington in August to visit our families! It was a much needed trip and we had a great time. We always love our trips home and wish we could have stayed longer!
The first day visiting, I went to the Pierce County Fair with my sister Deanna, and friend Alyssa. We watched a circus show, enjoyed food, looked at all of the animals, and went to the Root Beer Garden for free tasty root beer! (We're lucky we got in, considering you had to be under 21...haha)
Friday we hung out and my parents house and played some games. Matt, Celeste and Dantzel got in that evening and it was so fun to see them!
Saturday, some of us went to Crystal mountain to ride a Gondola up the mountain. I am not a huge fan of heights but was so glad I went up. The views were amazing.
As soon as our Gondola got to the top of the mountain, this was our view. We love Mt. Rainier! I miss being able to see it all the time.
We took a hike and enjoyed more beautiful views.
Connor with more mountains.
Some wild flowers.
If you look really closely, you can see the Gondolas.
After spending the day with my family, we went with the Mosley's out to dinner and to a movie. The movie theater was sweet because it had reclining chairs. It was nice to recline and have comfortably have my own space!
Sunday was a relaxing day. We went to church, then went to the Family Fun day at Boeing (where my dad works). My dad gave us a tour of where he works and it was so cool to see everything. We also enjoyed some great food and interesting booths!
Here I am with my amazing parents. They helped make this trip perfect. I love them so much!
On Monday, we went and played at the park. We played bocce ball, threw a frisbee, and played with Dantzel on the toys. Best part of the park was watching my dad do this! He's pretty awesome.
I hope they don't mind, but here are pictures of Celeste, Matt and Connor trying to do the same thing! It's much harder than it looks!
That evening, the Millett family, Mosley family, and family friend Emily, went to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant, King Wha. After eating some delicious food, we headed to the Mariner's game! They lost, but it was still a blast. We had plenty of good laughs, learned that Steven and Matt can 'boo' embarrassingly loud, had terrifying moments with seagulls flying over and pooping on fans, a terrifying prank concerning seagulls (thanks again for that...), and plenty of dancing (wish I would have gotten a video of my dad's moves). It couldn't have been any better!
Here is the view from our seats. I love that you can see the skyline of Seattle. (Too bad the space needle was hidden behind the stands to the left.)
After the game, we got delicious donuts. Then Matt, Steven and I went to a scary park to get this awesome picture of Seattle.
Tuesday we had a relaxing morning and hung out at the Mosley's house. At about 3, I drove to my parent's house to help my mom and Aimee make Pasties for dinner (yum!). Then that evening a bunch of us played foursquare!! It was so much fun and hilarious to see how into it some people get. It was also fun seeing friends from Federal Way who I don't get to see often!
Wednesday Cindy, Cassie, Steven, Matt and I went to Snoqualmie Falls, out to lunch, then to Bellevue for a quick shopping trip.
We headed to Puyallup that night to hang out with our friend Lindsey and for a trip to Menchies for frozen yogurt.
Thursday Matt and his brothers and dad went to a neat car museum. I stayed at home and watched a movie with Cassie. We went out to lunch then hung out some more. That evening we went to a Lake to swim. It was a hot day, perfect for some cool water. Cindy and I took awhile to get used to the cold water but it was worth it!
Friday, I went to Puyallup (while Matt stayed with his family) and got my nails done with Aimee and my mom. We also went shopping, went out to lunch, baked a lot of sweets, and watched a movie. I love having girl time!
On Saturday, Steven, Matt and I went to Tacoma and walked around by the graffiti garages and then the glass museum.
That afternoon the Mosleys had a big BBQ with our family and friends. It was the perfect way to end our trip. We played games and ate delicious food.
We flew through the night back to Wisconsin (which was a horrible idea...especially since it seems impossible to sleep on planes!).
It was a great trip though! We LOVE our family and every chance we get to spend with them!





















No comments:
Post a Comment