Friday, August 27, 2010

Anniversary and School

Matt and I celebrated our two year anniversary. Matt planned a fun day. We started it a little later and went on a picnic at a park in Salt Lake City. We then went to "This is the Place" monument and park. It was fun walking around and it was a pretty view. After that, we went to some craft stores (on my request) and then to the movies. Next, we had dinner and relaxed for the rest of the evening. I was going to make caramel brownies but that never happened... maybe this next week.

I really am so grateful for Matt in my life. He's a wonderful husband and such a hard worker!! It's hard that I'm not able to work while student teaching, but he has been so willing to work doing whatever needs to be done. I came home from school today and he had picked up our messy apartment, and put our spare bedroom bed together. Yay for a great husband! I am also grateful Matt is a worthy priesthood holder. I really look up to him and his testimony. Thank you Matt for being amazing!

Matt overlooking the valley. This is now the place we live... weird.

I have also officially started my student teaching at Monroe Elementary. Originally, my teachers had no idea I was going to be student teaching in their classroom. I found out this was probably because they got a new principal over the summer and the information didn't transfer. Either way, my teachers have been really helpful and excited to have me in their classrooms.

Right now, I am in a special education classroom. We haven't worked with students this first week, but have been doing schedules and a lot of paperwork. It's a good experience to practice this part of the teaching experience. I have done several different tests with children which has also been great practice. Overall, it's been great and I've already learned a lot. However, I know it is going to be a difficult semester and a lot of work.

Here is my first day of school picture! I was so nervous the night before, I had laid out my clothes, packed my bag, and had my lunch all ready to go! I didn't want to be late!
And here is my second day of school picture. I wanted to show off my shirt and new shoes, which you can barely see... oh well.

1 comment:

Nolan and Keree Anderson said...

Happy Anniversary! You look so cute and happy. Good luck with the student teaching, I am sure you will do great. Keree