While in Dodgeville, I have found myself rather bored some days when I would rather not look for a job, or do household chores, or even finish unpacking. And though there are a lot of wonderful people in this area, I often find myself missing my family and friends from Utah or Washington.
With Matt at work, it does get lonely. But I have found there are several things I love about the Midwest, as well as our new home.
1. I love that I can do laundry in my own home. I forgot how nice it feels to not have to schedule it in with the rest of my day. I also loves how good it smells in a CLEAN washer and dryer! (I am not saying I've been wearing dirty clothes the past few months of my life, but the laundromat we were using was not in the best condition.)
2. I love that I can pop my head out of the front door and easily grab my mail. This was never a hassle, but it is just so easy to get the mail when it is right next to my door. And I think the mailbox is cute. :) Don't ya think?
3. I love having a garage! It means we don't have to scrape our car in the morning. Also, I miss being able to park so close to our door that carrying in groceries is less of a chore.
4. I love that Lands' End has a fitness center that I family of employees can use for free! It's been helpful to give me motivation to start working out again, and it's a very nice facility--has a swimming pool, a track, racquetball courts, basketball courts, tennis courts, treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, weights/weight machines, and classes.
5. I love my branch at church. I haven't actually gone to the branch since last week was Stake Conference. However, the people have been so welcoming and kind. They even had a little get together so I could meet other women in the branch!
6. I love the hills of Wisconsin. It's fun to drive and see hills rolling as far as the eye can see. I am excited to see everything as flowers start growing and leaves are back on the trees. I am sure it is going to be beautiful!!
2 comments:
the simple things are the best!
Yay! Glad you are finding the good things of your move!! Don't worry..we will see you in just TWO WEEKS!!!!
Post a Comment