Saturday, April 16, 2011

California

I know I have been back from California for a few weeks now, but I didn't even tell you all about it! I figured since most of the people who read my blog are family, I'd spare them since they were there. However, for the few who weren't able to enjoy the great vacation with me, I will fill you in!

** WARNING **
This may be a picture overload.
(And a lot of picture descriptions.)
* * *

My brother Matt flew me out there for a late graduation present. (Isn't that soo sweet?!) We were sad my Matt wasn't able to come along as well, but he had to work. I got in very late on a Tuesday night, after my original flight had been cancelled. Long story short, I got in around 1 a.m, which for Wisconsin time was 3, so I was pretty worn out. Thankfully, Matt still picked me up even though I got in really late.

On Wednesday, we went to a Redwood State Park. Here is the happy family, protecting themselves from the rain.

This tree was very old. They had counted the rings in it and discovered that it started growing before Christ was born. That is pretty old and pretty cool.

It had been raining that day, so the trail was pretty muddy. This was a challenge, because you really couldn't help but look up the whole time. We'll just say, I had some muddy and wet feet. It was worth it!

The forest was absolutely beautiful and peaceful.

Now this picture cracks me. The only reason he took this picture is because I wanted one like it! However, with me being out of shape, I couldn't hold my squat long enough to get a good picture. The pictures I did get of me in front of the trash can, I look awful, so I spared you.


On Thursday we drove over to San Fransisco! What a fun city! It is crazy how many homes/townhomes they have crammed together!

I loved being able to see the Golden Gate Bridge. Matt and I walked part of it, while Celeste and sleeping Dantzel stayed in the car.
After walking on the bridge, we went to Ghiradelli square. I definitely love chocolate. Matt got some "hot chocolate" which was more like a slightly melted truffle. Celeste got some yummy caramel hot chocolate. And even though I was chilly, I got strawberry cheesecake ice cream--I just couldn't resist!



Purple Friday (which I missed the memo to) we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
I really liked the sea horse exhibit. I thought it was hilarious they had a male seahorse giving birth that you could strike a pose with.
I also really enjoyed watching the jellyfish. It is so cool to watch them move!
Saturday night, my family and Celeste's parents came into town. On Sunday, my niece Dantzel was blessed. I am so grateful that I was able to be there for it! It was really neat to see my brother give his daughter a blessing. I have always looked up to him and am grateful for the example he continues to set for us.

This is Dantzel and I. She looked so pretty in her blessing dress! Though I hate the many chins I have in this picture, I just love how it shows how much she made me smile.
Isn't she adorable? I am so glad I was able to spend time with her! Cameron took this picture and did a great job.
Monday, we went to Standford and walked around the campus. They have such cool architecture.
We also had the chance to tour where my brother works--Google. He has the coolest job ever.
And I love donuts and cupcakes...

On Tuesday, I drove down to Anaheim with my family. We spent the next three days at Disneyland and California Adventure. It brought back memories from my childhood. I really enjoyed the chance to go back.

We loved the roller coaster and California Adventure!

The Jungle Cruise is always funny.
The spooky Haunted Mansion.
We were able to meet up with our friend Amy while we were there! She and Deanna were roommates at BYU-I and I had gotten to know her too. She is so sweet and I am glad we were able to catch up and ride some rides together!

Oh, and I totally freaked them out on Snow White. bahahaha. (Mainly because I was scared.)
Another one of our favorites.
You can't forget the tea cups!! They are in a cute one!
We left Anaheim on Friday morning, stopped in L.A., then continued back to Matt and Celeste's to enjoy the night with them!

I am so happy I was able to go to California and spend time with my family. I really am so blessed with a fun, kind family and cannot wait until I see them again!

1 comment:

Kimra Bham said...

That picture of little Dantzel is so beautiful!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!!