Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial day weekend was a lot of fun! Friday was a half day for Lands' End so we headed to Madison with the Pimentel family and the Johansen family, two families from our branch.

Of course we had to experience the world's largest brat fest!
Here we are capturing the moment by the entrance.
Doesn't that brat make you smile?
First you would buy your brat from one tent, then head over to the condiment tent for some toppings!
I had never had a brat before but yummmm! They were tasty! We all enjoyed them, even the little ones.
At the festival, they had live music, rides, tasty treats and the Oscar Mayer Weiner mobile!
I was pretty excited to get a sticker.
Doug and Matt even got matching Brat Bags!
We enjoyed our time in Madison with new friends!
On Saturday, Matt and I headed to Platteville so do some shopping. We found a chair that was actually too big for Matt!
While at Goodwill, we saw this in the parking lot. Just made me laugh.
On Sunday we enjoyed church, and then some fun games with at the Spencers with the Johansens and Mike and Anna (I don't remember their soon to be last name...haha).

On Monday, the Spencer's put together a BBQ at Lands' End. Quite a few families from the Branch came. We enjoyed tasty food, a lot of sunshine, softball, lawn games and a lot of wind! It was a great day and a fun opportunity to get to know some friends better!

Oh, and my hamburger was AMAZING!
I really enjoyed the weekend and am grateful for the freedoms we've been blessed with and all of those who have helped us to get to this point!

No comments: