The last few months have brought quite a few changes here, all good of course! In February, I turned 25! I had a wonderful birthday and don't feel a day older.
In March our stake had some boundary changes. We found out Dodgeville, where we live, was being taken out of the Platteville branch, and put into another branch that was just being formed. We are now apart of the newly formed Mt. Horeb Branch. We're excited to meet new people and be apart of this change!
I was very sad to be leaving the sweet girls of the Platteville branch. I had fun working with the Young Women there!
This was from our last mutual together, minus a few girls.
Matt is the branch clerk in our new branch (which he was doing in the Platteville branch, so he knows what he's doing). I received my calling shortly after, and am now the Young Women's president! I am so excited to be able to work with the Young Women again. While I am still slightly terrified, I have an amazing presidency to work with, and great girls that I know will be supportive.
Another fun adventure we just had was my family coming to visit! My Dad, Mom and brother Connor flew out for their spring break. It was soooo much fun having them here! We stayed busy having fun and being spoiled. :)
Connor being a goofball in our hotel in Milwaukee.
We went to the Mustard Museum in Middleton. We learned about mustard, saw mustard from all over the country and world, tasted several different kinds of mustard and played games. It was pretty fun!
My picture attempt for mustard from Brazil.
My favorite find--Condiment Man Mustard
A mini hot dog with some mustard.
We also toured the State Capital building. They have been there before, but it was fun actually taking the tour and learning more about the different rooms. It is such a pretty building!
We spent a day in Galena, Illinois. It's the city where President Ulysses Grant lived. There is a lot of history there and tons of fun shops along their main street! We splurged and took the Trolley Tour to learn more about different places.
An old mansion.
Just a few of the many fun shops!
Ulysses Grant's home.
We had lunch in the oldest operating hotel in the U.S.
While they were visiting, we also went to the outlet stores, explored Milwaukee, went to the Jelly Belly distribution center (where Connor tricked my dad into eating a vomit flavored bean, ew), had a wonderful Easter together, spent time shopping in Dodgeville and other places, organized my pantry, played games, and more.
On their last morning there, I made Connor some coffee cake for an early birthday treat, since I won't be there for his birthday. Can you believe he'll be 15?! He's growing up so fast!
I always love having family come and can't wait for our next visitors!



















No comments:
Post a Comment