Saturday, September 28, 2013

5 Year Anniversary

In August, Matt and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary.  It has been a great five years and we have been very blessed.  I'm grateful for Matt and all that he does for me.  

For our anniversary, we decided to go to Puerto Rico.  
We found a cute apartment online that we were able to rent for the week.  

View from the dining room/living room
View from bedroom
The week consisted of the following:

Plenty of trips to Ben and Jerrys (which was right by the beach)

A trip to Old San Juan's forts
View from one of the forts




A walk through Old San Juan


 Hiking through El Yunque Rainforest




That leaf was giant!

A couples massage and manicures

Snorkeling
We went with a group where we got our own motor boat, and followed a guide to another island where we snorkeled.  Matt loved going fast and hitting all of the giant ocean waves, while I held on for my life.
Leaving the marina
Still in relaxing mode

Matt went slow enough that I could let go and take a picture


After our first island, we drove to another island.  They have filmed scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean on the second island.  Matt did a little snorkeling there, while I just relaxed on the beach. It was beautiful!



 Kayaking
Our kayak ended up having a hole in it, so we tipped about 30 minutes into it because it filled up with water. Matt was sweet and held on and kicked, while I got back up and paddled.  We got some funny looks but it was a good laugh.


Playing in the Ocean


Relaxing on the beach



And a lot more! 
We loved our trip and definitely need to start planning another fun one! 



No comments: