It's been a busy past few weeks, and a lot of memories have crossed my mind. I decided to share them, though they may not be as exciting or interesting for you.
This past Saturday, our family cat, Patch, passed away. She's a beautiful cat and I'm going to miss coming home to her! I loved laying in my bed or on the couch, reading, and having her come lay on my lap or legs. Her warm body would keep me warm and it was just nice to pet her soft fur.
I remember when we first got her. We used to go to King Wha, a delicious Chinese restaurant. There was a pet store across the street that we would often visit. My mom had always loved cats and she was one that we noticed in the front window. Eventually, my dad gave in and we got a cat! We kept her downstairs for a few weeks so she could get used to us kids and become house trained. I was only five and loved going downstairs to sit on the couch and watch her run.
I know not many people are "cat people", but I always loved having Patch around. I'll miss her.

I traveled to California to visit Matt, Celeste, and my niece Dantzel. While I was there, we went to San Fransisco. The last time I was there, I had flown into the airport so I could continue on my way to China. That was such a great experience. It was my first time traveling without my family. It was a moment to face my fear of flying (Come on, a 14 hour flight is quite the feat). I was able to travel to a country that always intrigued me. And I learned how to communicate with people who spoke another language than I did. Going to China was a great growing experience!
While staying with my brother, he happened to have a few small boxes of cereal. This reminded me of when we used to visit my aunt Sheryldean in southern California. Before we'd come, she'd ask us what we wanted her to have stocked up at her house. As children, we thought it was the coolest thing to have our own little box of cereal, so we'd always ask for that. I miss those visits to my aunt's. She always took us to fun places and made our trip a ton of fun! She's a wonderful woman. I miss her letters in the mail and all of the knowledge she'd share with us! She truly taught me a lot and always brought a smile to my face. What a patient woman.
3 comments:
i remember patch!!!
RIP!
You are so sweet! I love you!!!
Love the picture of the Apple Jacks! The cutie adds good balance to the picture. :)
Post a Comment